BCCI Net Worth: There is an immense amount of craze for cricket in India where people consider the sport as their religion and treat the players as their idols. The Indian fans can be found anywhere wherever the Indian cricket team goes to play. There is no doubt that the love and excitement from the fans also helps in generating lots of revenue for the BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India).
BCCI was formed in February 1928 as a society under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act. Its headquarters are located at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai. Throughout the years, it went on to become the richest cricket board in the world whose revenue is 10 times more than the rest of the cricket boards. Throughout the years, BCCI played a major role in promoting and developing the game of cricket in India and made India one of the biggest cricketing nations in the world.
BCCI Net Worth, Income, Revenue 2023
As of 2023, the net worth of the BCCI is estimated to be around $2 billion, i.e, ₹16450 Crores. Most of the income is primarily derived from the broadcasting and media rights deals, sponsorship deals and the Indian Premier League (IPL). IPL has been a consistent major revenue generator for the BCCI since its commencement in 2008. The board witnessed a significant growth over the years, with its revenue doubling from $295 million in 2015-16 to $693 million in 2019-20. BCCI has immense significance in International Cricket Council (ICC). As per the reports by Wion News in 2022, BCCI gets 38.5% of the revenue generated by the ICC.
How much revenue does BCCI generate from the sponsors?
Most of the revenue is generated from the broadcasting and media rights deals for the international and domestic and IPL. Let’s have a look at how much revenue BCCI generate from the different sponsors:
- The media rights for the IPL are being shared by Disney Star (Television) and Viacom 18 (Digital) for the cycle 2023 to 2027, paying a mammoth I₹48,390 crore (US$6.2 billion) between them. Earlier, both Television and digital rights were with Star India from 2018 to 2022 for ₹16,300 crore.
- Viacom 18 also bagged both Television and Digital rights for the bilateral cricket series in India for the next five years ₹5,963 crore through the e-auction.
- Sports clothing brand Adidas is the current kit sponsor for the Indian cricket team after signing the deal with BCCI in May, 2023 for the next five years for about ₹250 crores.
- Fantasy gaming platform, Dream 11 is the main jersey sponsor for Team India from 2023 to 2026, after winning the sponsorship rights for ₹358 crores.
- IDFC bank recently bagged the title sponsorship rights for all the home matches of team India for three years at ₹4.2 crore per match.
|Full Name||Board of Control for Cricket in India|
|Net Worth||$2 Billion|
|Operating Income Per Year||$410 Million +|
|Net Worth in Indian Rupees||Rs. 16450 Crore|
|Sponsors:||IDFC Bank, Dream11, Adidas, Hyundai Motor Company, Ambuja Cements|
Some other facts
- Former Indian cricketer, Roger Binny, who is also a part of the 1983 World Cup winning team, is the current President of BCCI.
- Rajeev Shukla, the member of Rajya Sabha is currently serving as the vie-president of the board.
- BCCI is made up of 38 associated members.
- BCCI has its constitution with specified rules for the players and administrators.
- BCCI also organises domestic cricket matches and tournaments like, Ranji Trophy, Irani Cup, etc.