Virat Kohli hit a magnificent 95 runs in the 21st ODI match of Ind vs NZ. The Mastermind Kohli once again chased the 273 scored by the Kiwis as India won by four wickets.
India achieved its target and scored 274 in just 48 overs. This couldn’t have been possible without India’s run-chaser Virat Kohli who remained at the very end of the chapter and was sent back to the pavilion by Matt Henry as the sixth wicket of India.
This could be Virat’s 49th ODI century and equal to Sachin Tendulkar’s record of Most ODI Century in International cricket. There was a moment when all the cricket fans was holding their breath when India and Kohli both needed five runs to finish the match.
Unfortunately, Kohli failed to cross the century and had another nervous nineties to his name. This is not the first time King Kohli was dismissed with a score between 90 to 100.
Virat is not the only one who had nervous nineties, the God of Cricket Sachin Tendulkar had a record of nervous nineties. In Sachin’s overall ODI and Test International cricket, there were 28 times when he was dismissed before 90. Sachin also holds the record of the most Nervous Nineties in the International cricket career.
Talking about, Virat Kohli’s nervous nineties he is not far behind Sachin’s record who held the record for 11 times. It looks like Kohli is subconsciously following the footsteps of Tendulkar.
For 11 times, Virat Kohli was dismissed with a score between 90 to 100. Seven times in an ODI match, two times in a Test, and two- times in a T20 Format.
Also Read: Virat Kohli Total Centuries in All Format
List of Virat Kohli 90 to 99 Out in International Cricket
Let’s look into Virat’s record of Nervous Nineties:
Virat Kohli 90s in ODI Match-
- Virat Kohli’s 99 against West Indies ODI match at Vishakhapatnam in 2013
- Virat Kohli 96* in 2016 Semi Final trophy champion against Bangladesh
- Virat Kohli 95 vs New Zealand at HPCA Dharamshala Stadium in 2023 ODI World Cup Match
- Virat Kohli 94 vs West Indies ODI match in 2011
- Virat Kohli 92 vs Australia ODI match at Eden Garen, Kolkata in 2017
- Virat Kohli 91 vs Australia ODI match at WAKA stadium, Perth in 2017
- Virat Kohli 91 vs Bangladesh ODI match at Mirpur in 2010
Virat Kohli 90s in Test Match-
- Virat Kohli 97 against England Test Match in 2018
- Virat Kohli 96 vs South Africa Test Match at Jo’burg in 2013
Virat Kohli 90s in T20 Match-
- Virat Kohli 94* vs West Indies T20 match at Hyderabad in 2019
- Virat Kohli 90* vs Australia T20 match at the Adelaide Cricket Ground in 2016
In the next match of India in the World Cup against England, Virat’s fans are praying that he will complete his 49th ODI century, one more step towards breaking the Most ODI Century record of Sachin Tendulkar.
Must Read: Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar All Records