It looks like the stage was all set for Kohli who scored 103 runs off 97 balls including six fours and four sixes. With Virat’s century, India won the 17th ODI World Cup match against Bangladesh by seven wickets. This is India’s fourth consecutive win in the 2023 World Cup.
This Virat Kohli 48th century engraved another achievement in veteran Indian cricketer Virat Kohli’s career. King Kohli’s list of records and achievements becomes long with every match.
Many Cricket pundits believed Kohli would break all the records of the Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar. Some might disagree with this statement that no one could break Sachin Tendulkar’s records also known as the God of the Cricket.
Sachin Tendulkar is one of the greatest cricketers in history whose records are incredible. And some die-hard Sachin fans will be ready to argue, is there any player who can surpass the Little Master?
Sachin Tendulkar vs Virat Kohli Records Comparison
So let’s compare Virat’s achievements with one of the greatest batsmen Sachin Tendulkar in history. And find who is the best in the Kohli vs Sachin records game.
Here are the overall ODI stats and records of Virat Kohli and Sachin Tendulkar.
- Virat Kohli played 285 ODI cricket, whereas Sachin Tendulkar played 463 matches.
- Tendulkar is considered as one of the greatest limited-overs batters of all time and is the only batter to have scored over 15,000 runs in this format.
On the the hand King Kohli, who is known for his chasing runs skills already surpassed Master in the last decade. However, Kohli’s 13,342 score is still far behind the Tendulkar’s 18,426 runs score.
- Kohli is sure to dominate Tendulkar on average with 58.01. Virat has the highest average runs from any batter with over 6,000 runs. Sachin has only a 44.83 average.
- Talking about strike rate Kohli once again beat Sachin with a 93.71 strike rate over Tendulkar’s 86.24.
- Talking centuries Tendulkar has a record of 49 centuries and 96 half-centuries. Whereas Kohli is about to break Sachin’s most ODI century record as he completed his 48th century in the Ind vs Ban match. Kohli completed 68 half-centurys and looking forward to dominate Master Blasters record soon.
|Virat Kohli||Criteria||Sachin Tendulkar|
Apart from Sachin vs Kohli ODI records, there is still a long road Virat has to cover in order to surpass the God of Cricket. Sachin Tendulkar retired at the age of 39 in 2013 and Virat is only 34-years-old. Kohli is consistently doing great and maybe one day who knows he will cover up all the milestones set by Master Blaster.