As cricket aficionados gear up for the much-anticipated ODI World Cup 2023, Star Sports India has stepped up its game by unveiling an impressive list of commentators set to grace our screens during the tournament. With 120 esteemed voices narrating the riveting action in nine distinct languages, fans across India are in for a treat.
Full List of Commentators for ODI World Cup 2023
Spotlight on English Commentary The English commentary is set to be headlined by iconic figures of the cricket realm. Harsha Bhogle, Ian Bishop, Nasser Hussain, and Ravi Shastri will lead the charge, supported by luminaries like Ian Smith, Lisa Sthalekar, Dale Steyn, Ricky Ponting, and a diverse list of many other accomplished voices. The team promises to deliver insightful analyses intertwined with the vibrant energy of the game.
Hindi Commentary: A Dynamic Mix For fans who prefer the Hindi dialect, the lineup is nothing short of spectacular. Veterans like Gautam Gambhir, Harbhajan Singh, Irfan Pathan, Ravi Shastri, and Sunil Gavaskar will be in the box. The intriguing addition of Imran Tahir to the Hindi panel is sure to bring a fresh perspective.
Diverse Flavours: Regional Commentary Teams Regional fans aren’t left behind, as there are dedicated teams for Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali, Gujarati, and Malayalam. With regional legends such as Pravin Tambe for Marathi, K Srikkanth for Tamil, and Venugopalarao Yalaka for Telugu, local fans are guaranteed a familiar touch to their World Cup experience.
Glimpse of the Commentary Panel for ODI World Cup 2023:
- English: Harsha Bhogle, Ian Bishop, Nasser Hussain, Ravi Shastri, Ian Smith, Dale Steyn, Ricky Ponting, and more.
- Hindi: Jatin Sapru, Gautam Gambhir, Harbhajan Singh, Irfan Pathan, Ravi Shastri, Sunil Gavaskar, Imran Tahir, and others.
- Tamil: K Srikkanth, Bhavna Balakrishnan, S Ramesh, Murali Vijay, and a host of others.
- Malayalam: Vishnu Hariharan, S Sreesanth, Tinu Yohannan, and more.
- Telugu: MSK Prasad, Vindhya Vishaka, Venugopalarao Yalaka, and others.
- Marathi: Amol Muzumdar, Pravin Tambe, Lalchand Rajput, Sandeep Patil, and more.
- Kannada: Vinay Kumar, Vijay Bharadwaj, Sunil Joshi, and a diverse list of others.
- Bengali: Arghya Bhattacharya, Ashoke Dinda, Athar Ali Khan, and more.
- Gujarati: Hemang Badani, Nayan Mongia, Akash Trivedi, and others.
This ODI World Cup promises to be a multi-lingual cricketing fiesta, bringing the game closer to the heart of fans. With such an ensemble of voices ready to narrate the game’s twists and turns, the World Cup is set to be an auditory and visual delight. Stay tuned!
- Kapil Dev 175 Scorecard: 1983 World Cup India vs Zimbabwe Highlights
- Highest Strike Rate in ICC Cricket World Cup 2023
- Players with Most Catches in ODI World Cup 2023
- Most Wicket in World Cup 2023 – Highest Wicker Takers in World Cup History
- Most Fours in ICC Cricket World Cup 2023
- Players with Most Sixes in Cricket World Cup 2023
- Most Fifties/Half-Century/50s in ICC Cricket World Cup 2023
- Most Hundreds/Centuries/100s in ICC Cricket World Cup 2023
- Top Run Scorer in ICC Cricket World Cup 2023
- Top 10 Highest Partnerships in ODI World Cup 20223