The first semifinalist India will tackle the 4th semi finalist New Zealand in 46th ODI ICC Men’s World Cup 2023 at the Wankhede Stadium on 15th November 2023.
For India it looks like God is rearranging all the stars and constellations so that Men in blue will bring Prudential World Cup to India this time. Indian batsmen are full form from its top order to middle order, everyone is playing with full potential. Indians batsmen also wrote a history of becoming the first team who’s top five batters scored 50 plus scores in a World Cup history.
Talking about Indian Bowlers from pacers to spinners, they have been in news headlines for breaking records whether it’s Mohammed Shami‘s fifer haul against Sri Lanka and New Zealand or Jasprit Bumrah for consistently be in most wicket taker list in ICC 2023 World Cup and dismissed Pathum Nissanka for Golden Duck. In short, throughout the 2023 ICC World Cup, Indian cricket team has broke several records without any loss.
The next match of India is against the New Zealand and it will be the first semifinal of this 2023 World Cup. New Zealand’s starting in this ongoing tournament was amazing until India defeated Black capped at HPCA Dharmshala Stadium and won the match by 4 wickets. New Zealand won their last match against already eliminated team Sri Lanka and won the match by 5 wickets at M Chinnaswamy Bengluru Stadium. Before this victory Kiiwis lost four match in a row and with 10 points became the 4th semifinalist in the ICC world Cup.
So let’s get into the details of India vs New Zealand previous head-to-head matches and records.
India vs Netherlands Head-to-Head ODI Records:
India and New Zealand faced each other for 117 matches in ODI cricket from which India won 59 times and New Zealand came out victorious for 50 times. And for 7 matches went without any results and one match was tied.
The table below shows the record of IND vs NZ head-to-head records –
|Matches||India Won||New Zealand won||Tie||NR|
Wankhede Stadium Mumbai Pitch Report
Wankhede Stadium will host the first semifinal match of 2023 World Cup between India and New Zealand. This stadium mostly favors the batsman due to its small boundaries. The pitch is bouncy and will do some benefit to pacers but it’s for not slow bowlers. The weather forecast for Wankhede Stadium is partly cloudy on Wednesday 15th November and the temperature will be 33 degrees Celsius and windy.
- Virat Kohli stats and records in Wankhede Stadium
- Rohit Sharma Stats And Records In Wankhede Stadium
- KL Rahul Stats and Records in Wankhede Stadium
- Mohammed Shami stats and records in Wankhede Stadium
- Jasprit Bumrah stats and records in Wankhede Stadium
- Mohammed Siraj Records and Stats in Wankhede Stadium
- Shubman Gill stats and records in Wankhede Stadium
- Suryakumar Yadav stats and records in Wankhede Stadium
- Ravindra Jadeja stats and records in Wankhede Stadium
- Shreyas Iyer records and stats in Wankhede Stadium
- Kuldeep Yadav records and stats in Wankhede Stadium
Wankhede Stadium Mumbai ODI Records
Wankhede Stadium has witnessed 33 ODI matches. Out of 33 ODI matches, 17 matches were won by the team who batted first and 16 matches were won by the team bowling first.
The table shows all the records of ODI matches hosted by the Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai:
|Matches won batting first||17|
|Matches won bowling first||16|
|Average 1st Inns scores||248|
|Average 2nd Inns scores||199|
|Highest total recorded||438/4 by RSA vs IND|
|Lowest total recorded||55/10 by SL vs IND|
|Highest score chased||293/7 by AUS vs AFG|
|Lowest score defended||192/9 by WI vs IND|
Indian Players Best Record vs New Zealand
- Rohit Sharma’s Stats & Records Against New Zealand
- Virat Kohli Vs New Zealand Stats & Records
- KL Rahul Vs New Zealand Stats & Records
- Mohammed Shami Vs New Zealand Stats & Records
- Jasprit Bumrah Vs New Zealand Stats & Records
The First Semifinal match between IND vs NZ is scheduled for 2 p.m. on Wednesday 15th November.