Oh, the excitement in the air is palpable! Can you feel it too? The ENG vs NZ match in the 2023 World Cup is not merely a game. It’s an emotion, a surge of adrenaline for fans glued to their screens or those lucky enough to witness the spectacle live at the grand Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad!
Toss Prediction Between ENG and NZ
Who won the toss in the ENG vs. New Zealand match at the World Cup 2023? This is the burning question in your mind. At Fantasy Khiladi, we offer you the prediction of who won the toss in today’s match. So, continue reading our blog and stay updated with the latest news on the ICC World Cup 2023.
Examining the last five clashes between England and New Zealand, the Kiwis have a noticeable upper hand in toss results, leading 4-1. Considering this track record, there’s a hint that Jos Buttler may find luck smiling on him in the World Cup 2023 opener, potentially adjusting the record to 4-2 by securing a toss win on Thursday.
Historic Performance of Both Teams in Previous Matches
The past is always a reliable prologue, isn’t it? ENG seems unyielding, untouched by loss in their last five encounters, while NZ isn’t far behind with their tactical supremacy, snagging two wins in their last matches. Yet, every match writes its own story, doesn’t it?
England vs New Zealand Details
|Match:||England vs New Zealand, 1st Match, ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup, 2023.|
|Date:||Thursday 5th October 2023.|
|Time:||02:00 PM IST.|
|Venue:||Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad|
The Venue: In-depth Look at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad
This architectural marvel, accommodating over 130,000 cricket enthusiasts, has witnessed countless epic battles and is primed to host yet another. With an average score of 212 runs, the batter-friendly pitch here whispers tales of triumphant chases and collapsed wickets. Will it pave the path for an epic score or a tactical bowling spectacle this time?
Weather Considerations for The Match
Sunny skies forecasted in Ahmedabad could be seen as a metaphor for the bright and intense competition we anticipate. But, the lingering thoughts of how the weather might favor seamers subtly add another layer of complexity, doesn’t it?
ENG vs NZ Last Five Matches Stats
Past Encounters of ENG and NZ: A Head-to-Head Analysis
Ah, the tapestry of past encounters! The scoreboard tilts 3-1-1 towards ENG in the last five matches, but does the recent victory of 100 runs encapsulate the entirety of ENG’s dominance or will the underdog story sway the scoreboard in NZ’s favor this time?
England Playing 11 For Today’s Match
- Liam Livingstone: Match – 01 Runs – 07 and Wickets – 00
- Ben Stokes: Match -108 Runs -2977 and Wickets -74 OR Harry Brook: Match -01 Runs -17
- Chris Woakes: Match -01 Runs -01 and Wickets – 00
- Joe Root: Match – 01 Runs -26
- Sam Curran: Match -01 Runs -DNB and Wickets – 01
- Dawid Malan: Match -01 Runs -04
- Adil Rashid: Match -01 Runs -DNB and Wickets – 02
- Jos Buttler (c&wk): Match – 01 Runs -30
- Mark Wood: Match -01 Runs -DNB and Wickets – 01
- Moeen Ali: Match -01 Runs -56 and Wickets – 00
- Jonny Bairstow: Match -01 Runs -34
Jonny Bairstow, Dawid Malan, Mark Wood, Harry Brook, Jos Buttler (c & wk), Joe Root, Sam Curran, Chris Woakes, Moeen Ali, Adil Rashid, Gus Atkinson, Liam Livingstone, Reece Topley, Ben Stokes, David Willey.
New Zealand Playing 11 For Today’s Match
- Tom Latham (c&wk): Match – 02 Runs -70
- Jimmy Neesham: Match -02 Runs -47 and Wickets -01 OR Rachin Ravindra: Match -02 Runs -07 and Wickets – 00
- Daryl Mitchell: Match -02 Runs – 84 and Wickets – 00
- Trent Boult: Match -02 Runs -DNB and Wickets – 02
- Glenn Phillips: Match -02 Runs -46 and Wickets – 00
- Matt Henry: Match -02 Runs -DNB and Wickets – 01
- Will Young: Match -02 Runs -12
- Ish Sodhi: Match -02 Runs -DNB and Wickets – 01
- Lockie Ferguson: Match -02 Runs -DNB and Wickets – 01
- Mitchell Santner: Match -02 Runs -17 and Wickets – 01
- Devon Conway: Match -02 Runs -78
New Zealand Squad
Devon Conway, Will Young, Trent Boult, Lockie Ferguson, Tom Latham (c & wk), Daryl Mitchell, Rachin Ravindra, Ish Sodhi, Matt Henry, Glenn Phillips, Tim Southee, Mark Chapman, Mitchell Santner, James Neesham.
Victories and Losses
Victories and losses, triumphs, and heartaches – ENG and NZ have seen it all. But, with the pressure of the World Cup stage, which team will sway under pressure and which will rise? The uncharted journey ahead is as enticing as the match itself!
Memorable Moments from Previous Clashes
From nail-biting super overs to triumphant roars echoing in the stadium, ENG and NZ have provided a myriad of unforgettable moments in cricket history. Will today carve out another such memory?